Interior Design South American Wood
Interior Design South American Wood Guide
Interior Design South American wood used in construction and veneers. These are beautiful woods that are great for inlay or matching and contrasting or just using on their own as sheet veneers. Different cuts of the wood will produce different grain effects and bring out different visual qualities of all woods and in particular interior design south American wood such as rosewood. As with all woods the finish and color that comes from the veneer is very dependent on how it is treated. Some woods are naturally beautifully colored and yet others lend themselves to light or heavy stains and polyurethane finishes that bring out the grain and texture in amazing ways. Experimenting as an interior designer is the only real way of determining for yourself the endless possibilities of the finishes with interior design south American wood
Characteristics of Timber and Wood from South America
– Timber color is yellow brown to rich red brown
– Often has intricate grain pattern
– Native to South America
Uses – Veneers, furniture, high quality joinery
– Timber color is rich purple/brown/yellow and black
– Native of Brazil
– Very close texture, high grain appearance for great detail and contrast.
– Very dense timber
Uses – interior decorative joinery, cabinet making, veneers
– The heartwood is dark brown with a green tinge
– The sapwood is pale yellow
– Very hard dense timber, one of the few that is able to be used untreated.
– Free from Knots
– Native of South America
Uses – Flooring and stair treads
– The heartwood is brown and occasionally has red streaks. It has a very deep color.
– The sapwood is almost white
– It has a straight uniform grain mostly knot free
Uses – Internal joinery and flooring
For more on Interior Design and Decorating Interior Finishes – Types of Timber and Wood select from below.
Lee Brown is the co founder of interiordezine.com, she has worked in the Interior Design Industry for over 23 years, specializing in commercial, hospitality, high end architectural homes and retail design. Over the past 13 years Lee and Chris Brown have been collating their wealth of design knowledge to provide free interior decorating education to the world. Make sure you register for your free ecourse today. Free Interior Decorating eCourse